Best and Worst Wario Representation in a Spinoff/Crossover Game?

Yeah he could pop out of a tv in game that sounds better. I just like the idea of him being in the foreground and looking like he's jumping into YOUR tv for sure.

The taunt that has him transform back into thief wario could be :dabs: "I'M-A NUMBER WAHN!", and the dab could be for if he's already thief

He could have other taunts too though.
Down taunt :thiefkneeling: *and he farts then goes* THE PURPLE WIND STRIKES AGAIN
Side taunts he flicks out goodstyles and does a pose with it or twirls it around while laughing.

Of course it's Newgrounds 💀 also, we kinda went on a tirade here about this concept, but back on topic, I like wario in mario strikers charges, with his (idk what genre) theme, and his entrance, and his "BUTT SMASH!"

Last edited:
Mainline: WarioWorld and the first few WarioWare games show it the best in my opinion. A powerful and strong guy abused by his hero turned complete borderline suicidal anti-hero willing to do anything for cash. The Land and World games show him the best as a sort of tragic hero with an inability to take care of himself but I also like the original WarioWares because it shows him traumatized from all of the times he's nearly died for money turning to a life of a boring job manipulating people for cash instead because it's all he has left to make bank. They balance the dark and hilarious aspects of him completely, still having the subtext but also being very respectful to the guy and not going full gross out like they want him to be now. He was a dark and scary dude suffering previously and now he's nothing but a joke to Nintendo it seems.

I also like how in the old WarioWare and Land games his issues are portrayed less as being actually dumb and more-so having trouble learning, like how in the first Ware game it's mentioned in the manual that Spitz taught Wario to drive, or how he mentions in the WL4 manual that he never got the hang of math, but instead of treating him like a waste of space they treat it as him simply having issues akin to ADHD, Autism or any learning disability.

Non Mainline: Strange pick but Mario Kart Wii. Wario in Mario Kart Wii is raw as fuck. He's devoted to nothing but the bag, and he will stop at NOTHING to get it. He will hit you with blue shell after blue shell, kick you off the map if it means getting revenge on Mario and his friends for what he's done. The same can be said for his appearances in most of the Kart games as a whole but I especially think it's evident in Wii considering how oddly violent and gritty that game was in comparison to the other Mario Kart games

EDIT: read the thread wrong, sorry for the mainline bit lol

Mainline: WarioWorld and the first few WarioWare games show it the best in my opinion. A powerful and strong guy abused by his hero turned complete borderline suicidal anti-hero willing to do anything for cash. The Land and World games show him the best as a sort of tragic hero with an inability to take care of himself but I also like the original WarioWares because it shows him traumatized from all of the times he's nearly died for money turning to a life of a boring job manipulating people for cash instead because it's all he has left to make bank. They balance the dark and hilarious aspects of him completely, still having the subtext but also being very respectful to the guy and not going full gross out like they want him to be now. He was a dark and scary dude suffering previously and now he's nothing but a joke to Nintendo it seems.

I also like how in the old WarioWare and Land games his issues are portrayed less as being actually dumb and more-so having trouble learning, like how in the first Ware game it's mentioned in the manual that Spitz taught Wario to drive, or how he mentions in the WL4 manual that he never got the hang of math, but instead of treating him like a waste of space they treat it as him simply having issues akin to ADHD, Autism or any learning disability.

Non Mainline: Strange pick but Mario Kart Wii. Wario in Mario Kart Wii is raw as fuck. He's devoted to nothing but the bag, and he will stop at NOTHING to get it. He will hit you with blue shell after blue shell, kick you off the map if it means getting revenge on Mario and his friends for what he's done. The same can be said for his appearances in most of the Kart games as a whole but I especially think it's evident in Wii considering how oddly violent and gritty that game was in comparison to the other Mario Kart games

EDIT: read the thread wrong, sorry for the mainline bit lol

Eh, it's still interesting to see some thoughts on his best appearances in the main series as well.

And Wario was pretty cool in Mario Kart Wii. I mean, they had his bike from WarioWare in the game, which is pretty damn cool!

Back